- Reduced surgical exposure & decreased periosteal stripping.
- No need of immobilization postoperatively In locked nails Static interlocking provides rotational control & stable fixation for active exercises postoperatively.
- Possiblity to use in children with small diameter nails by making an entry point without crossing open growth plates.
- Useful in fractures near radial head as Plates placed high on dorsal surface of radius may trap posterior interosseous nerve underneath & also lack of space for application of plates.
- ADVANTAGES OF FOREARM INTERLOCKING
Brochure Forearm Interlocking Nail – Download PDF Here
Intramedullary fixation of forearm fractures: Indian Journal of Orthopaedics 2011 – Download PDF Here
Case:Compound Segmental Fracture Shaft Ulna
(a) segmental fracture ulna Before Surgery
(b) well aligned fracture fragments after insertion and locking of nail After Surgery
(c) good union achieved after 6 months Union After 6 Months
(d) well remodeled fracture after implant removal After Implant Removal